Social Media Marketing – Should I?

by Jan 16, 2019Business Support, Productivity, Time Management, Virtual Assistant/PA

“We don’t have a choice on whether we do social media, the question is how well we do it”

– Erik Qualman

Businesses large and small are harnessing the power that an active social media presence can bring. But, with social media relatively new to the marketing party, it’s natural for you to question whether it will “work” for your business and whether you will see tangible benefits.

Here at Elite PA Solutions, our social media associate, Julia, can assist you from start to finish in your social media journey.

We asked Julia those burning social media questions.  Here’s what she said:

Why should a business use social media?

Firstly, it’s a free promotional tool. Print advertising, or traditional “direct” marketing, is expensive and can be unpredictable in terms of response.  With social media marketing, it is so much easier to target a precise audience and reach the right people, at the right time, too. In addition, you get to connect to your audience, to have “real-time” conversations with them, helping to build the “know, like and trust” that is such an important factor in the buying process. Don’t forget, also that an active social media presence will do wonders for your search engine rankings, giving your positioning a boost.

So, with so many platforms to choose from and time limited, how do we know which platforms to use?

It’s a question of identifying your target audience and working out where they congregate. Each platform appeals to a slightly different demographic, for example, it would be no good concentrating your efforts on Snapchat, if your target audience is company CEOs! A quick Google search will give you the demographic for each platform, but if you are in any doubt, ask your existing clients where they hang out! Remember though, it is far better to concentrate on one platform and do it well, than spread yourself too thin.

How do I know what to post?

As a rule of thumb, your content should be from a variety of sources and 80% should be aimed at inspiring, convincing, entertaining or educating your audience.  The remaining 20% should be promotional. If you want to retain your audience and keep them coming back for more, then a variety of content is essential. There are various free online tools, like Drumup or Feedly that will help you curate content from different sources.

I just don’t have the time.  How can Elite PA Solutions help?

In short, we can do as little or as much social media management as you would like.  Some clients like to hand over the whole task, whilst others like to continue with some aspects themselves.  The choice is entirely yours.

Social Media Marketing – Should IWith a 30-minute discovery call, we can create a bespoke strategy for you, taking into account your individual objectives, not only in terms of social media, but for your business as a whole.  These might include increasing your brand awareness, increasing footfall to your website or increasing online sales. We can carry out an audit of any existing platforms, ensuring these are optimised and working for you as they should. Remember, you don’t get a second chance at a first impression, and your social media profiles might be the first impression your potential client has of you, so getting the wording right and appealing to your target is imperative. Next, we can create the all-important content for you, ensuring the correct mix and variety.  We can assist you with increasing engagement if you wish, ensuring that all comments are acknowledged and in so doing, ensure your content reaches as wide an audience as possible. We can also create graphics to help your messages pop! If you wish to use Twitter or Instagram, then we can undertake hashtag research to ensure the all-important hashtags you use are relevant and up to date. We also keep an eye on trending topics, enabling you to reach far larger numbers. Finally, we can measure your results and give you feedback on tweaks for improvement.

Isn’t social media management expensive?

When you consider how much of your time is spent on social media, then no, it isn’t.  In a recent survey, business owners reported spending a minimum of six hours per week on social media, with some spending as much as 20+ hours a week. When you consider how much time you could save to invest in growing your business, gaining new clients or servicing existing ones, then the cost is small.  Remember also, that we can do as little or as much as your budget allows. Ours services are completely tailored to each clients’ requirements.

Great! How do we get started?

It’s as simple as a call to Sandy at Elite PA Solutions or email